Pizza Cats Cycling Academy is designed to help new cyclists build intermediate skills and confidence, and create opportunities for coaches in-training.
We offer 2 distinct programs:
- 4-8 week Mountain Bike Programs for 10-14 years olds* wishing to learn to ride blue and black-rated terrain.
- 4-10 week Road Endurance Training for participants +16 years old interested in developing aerobic capacity in a group setting.
Programs are facilitated in the Lower Mainland area by NCCP Master Coach Developer, Ben Chaddock and his team of Cycling BC Club-Assistant coaches.
Mountain bike participants should be comfortable lifting the front wheel, pedalling and braking simultaneously, and can stop and go on a steep hill (equivalent to Cycling BC Level 5-6). Mountain bikes must include disc brakes and front suspension (at minimum); gloves are also required; knee pads are recommended.
*Participants who turn 10 during this calendar year and are skilled and fit enough to keep up with the older riders may participate in the club. Anyone may register for a FREE ‘test ride’ and try a practice; however, parents are encouraged to participate during such test rides.
Road bike participants should be comfortable with riding their road bike on open roads and in a group environment (equivalent to Cycling BC Level 6+).
Select a program below that meets your interests, needs, and availability. For any questions, send a message using the form below, and we can arrange a phone call before registering.
- 4x Monday MTB @ Burnaby Mtn.
- 4x Tuesday MTB @ Burnaby Mtn. (previously scheduled for Bert Flinn)
- 4x Monday MTB @ Burnaby Mtn. (previously scheduled for Bert Flinn)
- 6x Wednesday ROAD @ New Westminster (+16yr only)
- 4x Mondays MTB @ Burnaby Mtn.
- 7x Tuesdays MTB @ Burnaby Mtn (registration open June 15)
- 7x Thursdays MTB @ Maple Ridge (registration open June 15)
To keep you cool this spring season, consider adding our 3/4 sleeve cycling jersey, with zip pocket, to registration or anytime in our standalone store. Choose from 2 fresh colours. Designed by club member 001, Enric McAlpine.